Thursday 17 January 2013

Back to where I once belonged.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Not that I was mighty, but I used to be a lot mightier - at least in terms of my physical fitness.

Two years ago, an hour long, 6.5 mile run was my EASY DAY.

Today it's a major coup if I wear clean pyjamas.

I was so into running - I looked and felt great.

Then I went on the road with the band and things got a little tricky what with hotels not having equipment and a hectic travel schedule. Still, I kept up the running for a while. But I got lazy, as one does. And soon, instead of running 40 miles a week, I was running 30. Then 25. Then none.

I want to be a runner. I want to look like those lone, brave warriors shuffling along the boardwalk by the lake in sub zero temps. I once was that warrior princess. I want it back.









 I want to return to the days when my arms were kinda weird and skinny, but I was a size 8.

Here I am three years ago:





I thought I still could have lost a few. Jesus Effing Christ.


Yes. I was a size 8. Yes. It matters to me.

Here I am now. I am not a size 8:


What happened. How did this happen. I weep.

So I doubt I can get back to my scrawny armed look from 2010. But I'd like to at least lose the matronly look.

I also want to ward off heart disease and increase my bone mass and be more fit overall (yah, like, whatever).

So here's what I'm going to do and I'm telling you this so I'll be guilted into complying with my own stupid rule...

IT'S THE 10 MINUTE 30 DAY (31 day) JOGGING SUPER SLOWLY CHALLENGE!!!!

I am going to commit to doing a minimum of 10 minutes a day on my treadmill for the next 31 days. It's actually only 30 days because one of those days I'll be up at 4 am to get an ass-early flight to the Dominican Republic and I won't be able to manage a jog at 3:30am. Ain't gonna happen. So it's 30 days (of 31).

Ten minutes is a very very small amount - especially compared to what I had been doing a few years ago. But it's best to commit to a minimum, right? And also, running every day is not supposed to be that good for you, but 10 minutes hardly even qualifies for a warm up in the real world, so I think I'll be safe.

I'm not expecting to fit into my bikini by the end of the 31 days - or even after 20 when I arrive in the DR. But at least I'll have a routine.

If I am ill or injured, I will allow myself to rest, but will have to add the day on at the end.

If you would like to join me in my 10 MINUTE 30 DAY (31 day) JOGGING SUPER SLOWLY CHALLENGE!!!!, please do. I'd love the company.


No comments:

Post a Comment