Saturday 5 January 2013

Tupperware

I know I mentioned a while back, and you're sure to remember because you've committed all of my blog-u-lar gems to memory, that I have a little "thing" about tupperware.

It's not Tupperware™ per se that I love. Just any handy-dandy plastic container with a snap lid that stacks neatly. Tupperware™, Gladware™ Ziplock™ containers, what have you. I will just be using tupperware as a catch-all for all of these.  I love them.

I also love the ™ symbol which I just learned how to make on a computer. The brain never stops learning. It's a miracle.

So. On to tupperware.

i have no idea Esibizmart is but you should probably go there and buy their Tupperware.



I have a fair amount of tupperware but it never seems enough. I come by this honestly as my mom saves margarine tubs. We used to be so envious of families that bought ice cream in those gallon pails with the  handle and snap lids.



 Not so much because of the ice cream. Mostly because of the pails themselves. They were so HANDY. You could put OTHER THINGS in them!


When I go to pot luck parties and bring my contribution in tupperware, I will write my name on the bottom on a piece of masking tape. My friends know that I see my tupperware, even the washed out yogurt containers, as sacred property and I bloody well want it back.




I misplaced my Tupperware pie carrier and went on a murderous rampage, losing friends and insulting strangers along the way. It was in the bottom cupboard. I just hadn't looked hard enough. But it's understandable, the rage, right?




You'd think that my feelings about tupperware would make me more sensitive to others' tupperware.

Not so much.

You need to know, that if you come to my house with something in tupperware, before you even cross the threshold I AM ALREADY PLANNING TO STEAL YOUR TUPPERWARE.




My mother-in-law has already figured this out and has accepted that whatever tupperware she brings into our home - and she usually provides the entire meal for 6-8 people, transported in tupperware of varying types - she will never, ever see again. My house is a tupperware black hole. It is the Bermuda Triangle. If you bring Tupperware into my home, shed a tear and wave goodbye because it ain't coming back.

All tupperware is mine.

I crave tupperware like Cookie Monster used to crave cookies. Is it true that now he only craves carrots and apples? I know it's for the best, probably, but WTF?!

That is the end of my piece on the tupperwares.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment